One food that I have always loved are candied pecans and almonds. I've made candied pecans in the past, but I had never tried candied almonds. I have seen them in the stores, fairs, or markets, but I have never attempted to make them myself. I had a craving and finally tried to give them a whirl. I must say I completely "unhealthetized" (like my new word?) a wholesome food, but hey, it was worth every minute and every bite!
These candied almonds were incredible and I am going to have a hard time NOT purchasing almonds every week - not to eat them whole, but to eat the unhealthy version. This was definitely a copycat market and fair food I am glad I tried. And you will too!
Candied Almonds (Print Recipe)
1/2 c. water
1 c. white sugar
1 T. ground cinnamon
2 c. whole almonds
White or brown sugar for coating
1. Combine the water, sugar, and cinnamon in a pan over medium heat; bring to a boil
2. Add almonds.
3. Stir almonds in mixture until the almonds are coated with a syrup-like consistency. About 10 minutes.
4. Pour the almonds onto parchment or wax paper; separate almonds.
5. Dust with white or brown sugar after almonds are slightly cooled (so sugar won't melt).
6. Allow to cool before storing.
HomeRight has offered to giveaway ONE (1) AutoRight SteamMachine to one of my readers!
- Giveaway starts Tuesday, September 27, 2016 and ends Monday, October 3, 2016 at 11:59pm.
- One winner will be chosen via Rafflecopter.com
- Open to U.S. residents only and must by 18 years or older
- I will email the winner and each winner has 1 week to confirm.
- Winner will be shipped 1 AutoRight SteamMachine, free of charge.
- Please enter below!